Thursday, May 22, 2008

Running update

So, last night was the first time doing 5 miles...I think in my whole life (how sad is that?). I have to admit that I was a bit nervous going into it...could I do it? Would I have to stop? Would I be dead the next day? I was already terribly sore from the shoe mishap on Monday..would that make the run more difficult?

We took off for the run and right away I felt good...felt light on my feet, felt like I had good oxygen intake. And long story short, we did it...the whole 5 miles, no stopping and both feeling really good...I'm sure we could have gone longer, I'm positive. It felt GREAT. With that 5 mile run under my belt I'm feeling confident and ready for the race on Sunday. And I'm feeling ready to keep running as a constant in my life. My running partner and I have already decided that we're going to continue running once or twice a week together. We found an awesome 5 mile loop with the last mile being along the lake...the perfect way to end a run.

Now I am beginning to think of my next goal. Since my sister runs full marathons, I'm thinking a fun new goal would be her and I doing a half together (baby steps...). Who knows!

Come cheer our teams on on Sunday. KeyBank red jerseys - Team "Will Run for Cree-Mees" and "Soak up the Run". I'll be running the 4th leg from Battery Park up North Ave. Woohoo!

No comments: