Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Like birds of a feather

I hate to admit it but I can be kind of lame during the week...I tend to be in bed by 11pm, sometimes even as early as 9pm. Last night however, I found myself driving home at 1am after hanging out with a girl friend of mine. We both had work the next day (her having to be up at 5am for it!) and had originally planned on takeout sushi and a movie. It turned out to be a night of sushi and awesome conversation. The kind of conversation that ebbs and flows between so many topics that somehow link together, so many interesting points, so many things discussed, so many thoughts shared, so many bits of advise given. It was one of those nights where you leave feeling so full, so satisfied. A conversation that left you thinking and caused you to take actions in some way.

One topic of conversation was the Law of Attraction. This sort of "birds of a feather flock together" or "misery loves company" kind of thought. If you dish out positive energy, visualize and think of what you want, what you expect it's more likely to happen. Similarly, if you sit and brood, complain, whine and moan it's going to attract that outcome and that crowd only creating a spiral down and down the negative path. Have you ever been thinking about someone and the phone rings and it's them? Well, yeah we all have. How about twice in one day? Three times in 2 days? Yeah...this recently happened to me. I was thinking about my brother in law and how he hadn't called me back regarding an important voicemail and poof, the phone rings literally as I'm about to pick up and call him again. Then later in the day I start thinking about a friend who usually doesn't go longer than a week w/out calling me but I hadn't heard from him in a few weeks and then I hear my phone ring and later check it...it was him. Manifest destiny..put your thoughts out into the atmosphere, let the universe swirl it around a bit and see if it comes back. Chances are, it will.

Did I mention that I, someone who loathes running, is running a leg of the marathon next weekend? Yeah...I think I was drunk when I agreed to that. I only started "training" for it last week and it's been interesting. I must say, I'm somewhat surprised at my capability...that and the fact I'm interested in continuing running past the marathon. Although my body is still not quite used to running, I am looking forward to it getting easier and more fluid and seeing where it takes me...literally!

No comments: