Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Making strides

I feel like there is so much going on right now that I can't even write it out. Work is crazy, my phone is constantly ringing and I can't keep track of which airline I'm flying next and to which city. Not to mention the wonderful task of packing up my apartment in preparation to move in a week and a half to my new place which I'm really excited about. Having all of this going on and also training for my leg of the marathon has really made me look at myself in a different light, stand back and examine things in my life.

There are moments in the recent past that I look at and wonder how I got there, how I lost so much of myself, how I slipped into being someone totally different than who I am. When you find yourself deep in a situation like that, it truly takes work to get back to where you need to be. And once you start to feel yourself being as you should again, it's awesome! There's something empowering about being so busy and stressed you find yourself sitting on the floor wondering how you will take another step, and than a few days or weeks later you see how you overcame it and got everything done, made so much happen. I like to test the limits of my strength and ability to take the world on my shoulders and not ask for help. The recent craziness has really turned me around, reminded me of how impressed I can be with myself sometimes.

Things really do work out in the end...and if they have yet to work out, than it's not the end.

No comments: