Wednesday, June 4, 2008

On the road again, in more ways than one.

I am disappointed in how bad I've been about updating my blog...there has just been so much going on lately I've barely had time to sleep (hellooo...3.5 hours Saturday night, 2 hours Sunday night). This past weekend I moved out of my wonderful King St. apartment that I had lived in for two years. It was bitter sweet. There are things I will not miss at all, yet that place is full of amazing memories, funny stories, lessons learned, emotions shared, friends made, loves lost. It took a lot of time to find a decent place to live and I stumbled upon an awesome spot. The move-in was interesting to say the least. It involved, among other things, a towed Ryder van the day of the move, moving people that were about 2 hours late, a couch that wouldn't fit out of the door therefore had to be sold to the new tenants of my old apartment, and me staying up until 2:30am to do some unpacking only to wake up at 4:30am to go catch a flight. But the new place makes me smile...it fits, it's perfect. There is still some serious unpacking to do, furniture to buy, artwork to be hung but it's getting there and more will be done upon my return.

Here it is once all boxes had been brought in from the truck...a giant mess!























Right now I am in Vail, CO for the Teva Mountain Games, representing SoBe. We got in Monday afternoon and will begin our set-up later this afternoon. It is so beautiful here...the mountains, the rivers and streams, the smells. I forgot how much I love this area of the country. The only tough part about it is the elevation. Vail is at 8,150 feet and I can definitely tell the difference. I've gone running the past 2 days and it has been a struggle. I have been running 4 and 5 miles consistently at home with no issue and I've been struggling with 2-3 miles here...it feels like I am a smoker with asthma! Here's hoping it gets better each day and will make me all that much stronger when I return to sea level!

I will be heading directly from Vail on Monday to Manchester, TN for a week of Bonnaroo which should be fun. Some great headliners not to mention our sweet RV we'll be living in for a week. Life on the road...it's tricky, but has a lot of perks as well. I always look forward to meeting new people, making new contacts, making new friends, seeing new places, learning and growing as a professional.

Oh and how could I forget...the marathon! What an amazing day it was. Our 5.5 mile leg went so well! We improved our time by almost 1.5 minutes per mile! We were literally passing people right and left (granted, this was mile 19 of the marathon so the people we were passing we undoubtedly full marathoners). It was such a rush, such a fun experience and so much positive energy flowing through the streets. It made me really fired up for running. Now I am training for a 10K that Emma, Penelope, Elisa, Becky and I are looking to do in summer or early fall...maybe even a half in Fall depending on how things go. It feels great....some days I hate the run, or feel some serious pain but in the end I love the satisfaction of completing a run.

Other than moving, running and traveling for work there have been some other things here and there. Interesting run-ins, interactions with people I hadn't seen in a while. Some feelings I had packed away reared their heads ever so slightly. Some confusion. Some validation. Some things to think about. Some things to sort out. Do we ever truly know what we want? Need and want are very different things. Want and should/should not are also quite different. Who knows where the road will curve.

No comments: