Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007...2008

The holidays are such a great time but also become hectic and time consuming, hence my lack of posting lately. Happy New Year. Haola Maka Heeki Hou (Happy New Year in Hawaiian...spelling questionable).

I spent a week in FL for Christmas and spent a good majority of it in my pajamas doing crossword puzzles, reading, drinking coffee and conversing with my family. We took the week to just relax...I didn't even meet up with old friends. It was quite nice to be honest...to just escape and mentally relax. I got a few minutes of sun although it was overcast a good portion of the trip and according to my mother there hadn't been a cloud in the sky for weeks...go figure.
Photobucket
My horse Krunchy

A highlight of the FL adventure was our trip to Busch Gardens for a day of roller coasters and bad food. My parents are such kids...they love rollers coasters! The only one they didn't get on was the newest one with a 200 foot, 90 degree vertical drop...yes, your face is parallel to the ground for a good 2-3 seconds...it was intense. A fun day was had.
Photobucket
After our upside down ship ride.

The day after returning from FL, Walter and I took a trip up to Montreal for the night to enjoy a little city fun. We walked around for a while, had some food and drink and narrowly escaped falling on the ice multiple times on the walk back to the apartment. We sadly missed out on the museums the next day as they were closed for the holiday.

A nice NYE was had at Becky and Ewen's with some close friends, good food and drink. Many people left before the stroke of midnight (are we really getting old this quickly??) but we stayed for the ball to drop.
Photobucket
Becky and I
Photobucket
Walter and I

2008 is here with a nice snowfall happening as I type this. Who knows what is in store for all of us but one can only hope it is full of fun, fortune, friends and family.

No comments: