Monday, December 17, 2007

Sugar High

It's that time of year when all your hard work at the gym during Fall comes to a screeching halt with the tidal wave of holiday goodies that flood the office. I swear, every spare inch of desk and counter space in our office has a plate of sweet treats on it. Now, I'm not innocent bystander...I spent the past weekend being a nice combination of Martha Stewart and Santa's Little Helper by whipping up dozens of cookies...literally. So, one of the plates of sweets at my office is from my own little kitchen of sin.

I don't normally have a sweet tooth but something about the holidays changes that. I literally had a banana and 3 cookies for breakfast (at least I had a banana in the mix) this morning! I mean, my justification of needing to try each type is fine...but then I find myself going back for round 2. Do I think that the quality of cookie varies within one batch? Do I think that the cookies non-existing feelings will be hurt if I walk by without paying them notice? Nope. None of the above. I just lose control...it's like that little piece of us from childhood...the one that would cause you to lay on the ground kicking and screaming...it comes back...that irrational, out of control, ridiculous behavior, only now it's directed at copious amounts of cookies instead of My Little Pony's latest castle.

I suppose I could continue to pawn my cookies off on others...but let's be honest, I'll still sneak a plate full for myself.

No comments: