Friday, January 25, 2008

Aurora Borealis

I'm sure that everyone has a list of things that they must do or see before they die. For me, it shifts and changes over the years as I grow and change. The one unchanging item on that list though, is seeing the Aurora Borealis...the Northern Lights. I have caught a glimpse of them once, on a chilly night out in Stowe. They were faint and looked almost like the equalizer on an old stereo, but they were there. However, I don't qualify that as seeing it in the form I want to truly see it in to be satisfied. I want to see them from the great northern...the arctic or Alaska. I want to see the myriad of colors, the pulsing waves, the dancing lights. I want to see the sky overtaken with them. I want to be engulfed, entranced. There are days that I think about it for hours.
Photobucket

I don't know what it is that draws me so strongly to them, but it evokes such strong emotions in me, I have no idea what I would do, will do, once face to face with this magical earthly event. I don't know if I'd be able to stand on my own two feet.

One day I will see them from far up north. Hopefully sooner than later.

No comments: