Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Overflowing

I tend to do this every so often...actually more often than not. Putting too much on my plate. Work, travel, social plans, dinner parties, projects, etc. etc. etc. This is definitely one of those times. My new work account is keeping me really really busy. I accepted the responsibility of taking photos for our company website so I have to begin tackling that project. Then there's Art Hop. I have to have my photos ready to go by next weekend and I've only so far chosen one piece and it isn't even done being printed yet. I have to spend a fair bit of time tonight going through hundreds of shots and slides, figuring out which is best, what size, etc. and then making sure to get them into print tomorrow. Then there's my constant over-booking of the social calendar. Dinner party at my house, book club at my house, book club in general, bike ride, swimming, wedding help, brunch, drinks, on and on. I look at my calendar on my phone...all it is is appointments and activities. However, I definitely thrive in a booked-schedule environment more than a bored one...I like the stimulation of constantly having plans. Sometimes I go into recluse mode and make no plans for a week or two, totally retreat to my apartment and just relax. That's nice too. Right now is not one of those times.

I think I need a coffee. Or a stiff drink.

No comments: