Thursday, August 28, 2008

Herding cats



This is what I feel like I've been doing of late. My new account is great...great and insane. It is one of the more challenging accounts I've been on and half of that is because I spend half of my day herding cats. Herding cats, fighting fires and pulling rabbits out of hats. No joke. I'm not sure I could properly explain it to anyone, any better than that.

It's crazy to be so busy...to literally get home from the office at 9:15pm on a Wednesday night and only having left the office because I forced myself to. I definitely have had to put some personal things on the backburner. Laundry, paying bills, seeing friends, reading. Yeah, that hasn't been happening much lately. It's a mix of being stressed and loving it. I love the challenge, the feel of having more to do than there are hours in the day, the ability to call the shots, exercise being a leader. I love it.

Thankfully tonight I am escaping. I am forcing myself out of the office at 5:30 and going to one of my favorite things ever...the FAIR!! It will be a much welcomed treat...riding rides, hanging with the carnies, petting miniature ponies and of course, Fair food...and lots of it! I only hope Caroline plans accordingly this year and eats AFTER riding the rides. Last year we almost had an incident...almost.

Tomorrow it's off to Boston for 2 days to visit some girlfriends, dress up and drink far too expensive cocktails, flirt with men in suits, lay by the beach and drink margaritas and catch up with some good friends. It will be a great treat after a veeeery long and very stressful week.

Happy Labor Day weekend!

No comments: