Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's getting better

I feel like quite a bit has happened in the past week or two. There was some time of feeling a little confused about stuff, life, love, work, etc. and sort of feeling like I was at a major crossroads. Granted, I tend to be a peddle to the metal kind of person so once I get an idea in my head I don't really go at half speed. Anywho. This week a lot changed. I got a new account at work and am SO happy about it. I had begun to essentially loath my job...yes, I said it, loath. I had essentially taken a step back and wasn't pleased about it. So now, my new account, I'm the account manager in it which means I oversee everything and that's pretty sweet. Usually I oversee the events stuff but someone oversees that and other elements, but now that's me! Woohoo! It's not yet a full promotion but my review is in less than 3 months so things are looking up! My new client is pretty funny too...Durex condoms. Yep. You heard me.

The second biggest plus of the new account is that I get my summer back. It had really been bumming me out to be gone basically every weekend, miss fun events/trips, etc. but now I get my weekends back and actually will get to enjoy VT summers which are my favorite!! So many things to do, places to go, friends to see, hikes to do, etc. Woohoo! And much more time to run and bike which is huge.

Speaking of running, I have found the 10K I'm doing in August in Richmond, and pretty sure the half I'm going to do in fall is the Shelburne Half Marathon which is super exciting!! However, last night I bummed my foot and can't run for at least a few days and hopefully no more...we'll see how this week goes. I can't really walk much on it right now which is a major bummer since I'm itching to run. Grrr injury. But I'm loooooving track workouts and just how awesome the running makes me feel. And for my bike, Betty Davis (she received her name at my event 2 weekends ago), I'm going to get the rest of my gear today so I can begin riding her. I'm SO excited. I'm thinking of doing a biathlon in NYC in September...run, bike, run, so that is exciting too. It's so nice to be back in the healthy realm, exercising not just regularly but actually training and working towards improving. I grew up an athlete and it's nice to feel like I'm finally getting back to where I want to be athletically.

What else...my oldest sister and I are planning a vacation this fall to Thailand. I'm SO pumped about that...I've always wanted to go and had considered an African Safari this year but she's going to be down in SE Asia and wants to travel together so Thailand is a great next option. The planning is just barely beginning but I already feel so excited about it.

That's all for now.

No comments: