Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Running goal #2

Yes, it is true...I'm a convert. I have come to love running .Bizarre, I know. I recently found a weekly track workout with legit coaches...sponsored runners and triathletes, and it has inspired me even more. I don't want to just run to run, I want to be decent...maybe not change my career or anything, but instead of just running a race to finish, I'd like to at least be somewhat decent. I have found that having goals really helps me stay motivated, pushes me further, keeps me excited. At the recommendation of one of the track workout coaches, I am going to do a 10K as a pre-half-marathon prep race. So I have decided to do the Round Church 10K in August. I'm pretty pumped! We talked about my running plan for the next 5 weeks and will be working specifically toward the 10K for the next 5 weeks of track workouts. And now that I know what I need to fix on my stride and foot placement, I'm hoping I begin to see some serious improvements in the coming weeks. Woohoo!

No comments: