Monday, June 30, 2008

This could mean trouble

I admit that I sometimes have a shopping problem. My closet is testament enough of this little affliction. Something about purchasing garments just feels so darn good! Now, I have an equal weakness for home goods and cooking items. This is why going into Williams Sonoma never results in pure browsing. Yesterday was no different. I was wandering through the mall and decided to pop in, see what little sample treat they had, check out some items and just get inspired to cook that night. Then sometime caught my eye. This shiny red instrument of awesomeness...the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. And then it began..the ladies of W&S must have smelled the shopper in me. They began giving me samples of different ice creams they had made that day, showed me all kinds of recipes, talked about ones they had made and so on. Over a half hour later, I walked out with this...yeah, I couldn't resist. And they even threw in a free bottle of pina colada mix to make this delectable pina colada sorbet over grilled pineapple. So, I am going to attempt my first batch tonight and I'm pretty excited! I am hoping to stick with sorbets and yogurts with the occasional gelato here and there but I am determined to not allow this purchase to add to my waist line :-).

I have a feeling this could become a big hit at dinner parties. I'm even thinking about whipping up a few different flavors and having an ice cream social in the coming weeks! Yey!!

No comments: