Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Good service goes a long way

Last night I made a trip to my local co-op to get a few ingredients for a late dinner. They didn't have one thing I needed that was a key element for the dish but as I was discussing this item (pre-made crepes) with what I'm guessing was a manager, she then quickly ran upstairs and printed me out two recipes for how to make them on my own and talked about them a bit. It's moments like that that I really appreciate good service - going out of your way to assist a customer. Sometimes I forget that feeling b/c it isn't always super prevalent, but it is greatly appreciated from this customer. Customer service will keep me returning over and over again.

And I ended up making whole wheat crepes from scratch ... it was a bit challenging at first but once I got the hang of it I really enjoyed it and began devising in my head all the wonderful things I could do with this now. Whole wheat and brown sugar crepes with strawberries and homemade whipped cream, mascarpone and fresh berries and pineapple, savory crepes with feta, cucumbers, olives and artichokes. The possibilities are endless now that I have braved the world of homemade crepes!

No comments: