Friday, February 22, 2008

Universe

I remember growing up, my mum would always say, "everything happens for a reason". I remember getting so mad at her...she didn't know anything, how could she know what I was going through, how could she know if my life really was over or not? As I got older and began to reflect, I realized she was right. She never said everything that happens is good or happy or positive, but what she wanted known most was that it happened for a reason. Sometimes it would take a day to realize that reason, sometimes a week, sometimes 2 years...there was no way to know and the only way to find out was to keep on living.

Her words ring so loudly in my head, sometimes I swear she is in my living room, reading a book and yelling those words across my apartment when I'm in a moment of not understanding how the world works.

This past week has encompassed a lot of...well, just a lot of. The end of the past weekend involved a little bit of motion backwards, a little bit of a set-back which caused more confusion, more frustration. The end of this week, things started to come back together. The "reasons" started to show their faces. The past few weeks had been tough and taken a lot out of me and again I kept hearing my mothers words (and secretly cursing them as the reasons hadn't yet appeared). But some things happened this week which made other things make more sense...things that I may not have been willing to dive into had something else not happened. Thinking back 5 months, and more so, 2 or 3 months, I wouldn't have jumped at the opportunity, jumped at the challenge that was presented to me this week. And this opportunity, this challenge is something that I really feel will be something major...life wise, career wise, growth wise.

There is a strange kind of peace that has happened the past few days..maybe it's because I've been so busy I have barely slept, maybe because the puzzle is coming together, the lost pieces have surfaced. Would I be here, would I be where I am right now, had I not gone through things of late...

The universe doesn't hate us...if it hated us it wouldn't allow our hearts to be so brave.

1 comment:

Cheetah said...

what happened at the end of last week??

yes, i read your blog.