Monday, February 4, 2008

Dreams

I have mentioned in previous posts my interest in dreams. I have been slacking on writing them down when I wake up...usually it's the first thing I do before even getting out of my bed. The more you write down your dreams, the more often you remember them. Today was the first day in months I wrote it down.

After writing it down and remembering key parts, key items, I proceeded to look up several of the key elements to get a light interpretation. There is one scene in particular from my dream that coupled with the supposed "meaning" of certain elements, it is pretty much a perfect representation of current events in my life. I woke from this dream curious...curious because it was so heavily laden with a specific theme, a common denominator throughout, something that has been on the forefront of my daily thoughts for the past week or so. And I rarely dream of things that are blatantly relevant to my life, my present state of mind. Usually it is very gray as to what is going on. Last night's was much more black and white, much more pertinent to where I am right now.

Maybe dreams are really just a garbage disposal of random meaningless items in our minds. Maybe they mean nothing other than to clean out the mind in order to start a new day. Maybe they are a release of pent up energies, pent up issues that we need to release somewhere. Maybe they really are a gateway to our subconscious, a telling of current events, symbolism for current situations and things to come. "Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives."

No comments: