Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on the Plain

Yesterday I was starring out my office window at beautiful blue skies and an almost visible crisp fall air. Today I look at gray skies, drizzling rain, gloomy thick air. I think back 24 hours to when I said how much easier it is to sit at my desk when the weather is gray. Well, perhaps I was wrong. I sit at my desk thinking about how great it would be to be curled up on my couch with my latest bookclub book in hand, a little jazz or classical music wafting through the air, a freshly made cappuccino beside me, Oliver curled up by my head purring gently.

Perhaps it's not the weather that determines my desire to sit at a desk all day. Perhaps I just get listless, hour upon hour spent sitting at a computer screen. Perhaps I get bored, waiting for answers from clients, phone calls from vendors, files from the designers. I hate wasting time in transit, I equally hate wasting time in waiting.

No comments: