Monday, October 22, 2007

Case of the Mondays

I've been really into the blog lately, and am loving it.

At the current moment, I'm sitting at my desk, looking out the window at what is one of the most beautiful days all year, yesterday being it's toughest competition. Days like this make me have a serious case of the Mondays. When it's raining and ugly out, I don't mind being stuck at a desk, starring at a computer screen all day. When there's a soft breeze, that crisp fall air, mid 70's and not a cloud in the sky, my desk is the last place I want to be. Sitting outside on Church w/a cup of tea and a good book. Taking a little drive, maybe doing a short hike. That is what I want to be doing right now.

At any rate. This past weekend was one of the more fun weekends of Fall so far. It began with one of my favorite things - Round Tha Hood, the south-end block party that is in it's 2nd year. The themes this year were Fireside at Emi and Kev's, Fraternity Party at Jessica's, Jazz Lounge at Sheehan's, Shotsville at Soe and Colin's and the British Pub at my place.

Fraternity Party!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
House Hopping Ladies
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kev enjoying the wood bench at the Jazz Lounge
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Scenes leading up to my finger being engulfed in a blue flame
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It was a very successful event despite the torrential downpour and various other antics including, but not limited to a wood bench photo scene, Zima's and wine coolers, Colin poking people in the eye, Christina sliding down stairs and handles of Scotch.

Saturday was pretty much a wash due to Fridays antics, although I did manage to witness a french fry eating contest between Bannister and Isaac. My money was on Bannister and she came through in the end consuming just over 28 ounces of McD's fries (GROSS).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Isaac looked like he was experiencing serious vertigo at ounce 26 so called it quits.

After surviving witnessing that event, I met up w/Becky and we enjoyed a very delicious dinner at Tiny Thai. Apparently the host really liked us as he ended up seating us before people that had been waiting for 20 minutes. Good laughs and great convo, as always.

Sunday was one of those days that can't be beat. I woke up early, cleaned the house, walked to New Moon for coffee and a muffin and reading my NY Times, strolling and shopping on Church, riding a horse, baking and cooking then a little soiree at the Square for Mr. Wasuck's 31st. Good times rehashing the Round Tha Hood and listening to Bannisters words of alcohol wisdom - "Every season is drinking season".
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Epic weekend complete. I'm in pretty much an amazing mood and feeling really great, really happy. I love fall.

No comments: