Wednesday, April 1, 2009

La Isla...Mujeres!

This time on Saturday, I will be halfway to Mexico! Ahhh I'm SO excited! It has been many many months since I have been in the presence of a powerful sun, sand and relaxation (OK...I guess Thailand was only 4.5 months ago but for me, that's long!). I will be landing in Cancun, hopping a ferry over to Isla Mujeres and climbing aboard my sisters new home...her fiance's boat. Rough life, eh? Not sure of our exact plan, which is totally cool with me...I need an escape from planning and order, organization and precision. Give me spontaneity and adventure! 

We'll be starting here:

We may hang out there and do some diving, or we may take the boat back to Puerto Aventuras where it "lives", dive, sunbathe and so on. We may take a quick trip down to Honduras and/or Roatan...who knows! 

My travel itch is about to be scratched. I MUST get away every few months, see a new part of the world, explore. Part of me finds it a little odd to be going somewhere with the main purpose being to relax and lay in the sun (oh and do my open water check out dives). I'm used to traveling places laiden with history and culture, sights and sounds...packing a million things into 2 weeks, hopping trains, planes and automobiles to see it all! Maybe I'll check out some of the Mayan ruins, just to tap into that a bit. I will for sure be taking a bunch of photos...I am envisioning this as being a good trip for portraits and lifestyle shots...my favorite and my speciality. Other than that my MO is to overdose on Vitamin D, drink some legit margaritas, have a Mexican food glutton fest, relax and disconnect, and hang with my sis and future bro-in-law #2!!! Ahhh Mehico! (insert finger snap Mexican dance move thing :-) )

Maybe, just maybe, I'll allow myself a little bit of connection to the real world and do a little mid-trip posting...just to tease you all stuck in the winter-to-spring transition of gloom. I know, I'm an evil one...See you all in mid-April!

No comments: