Friday, January 2, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new...year that is!

Holy crap I've been horrible at blogging lately. Slacker city. But it's a new year, 2009, so I figure it's high time to get back into it, keep things up to date more regularly. A resolution? Hmm, not sure, but perhaps!

I think it's always important, going in to a new year, to reflect on the past year...think about triumphs, challenges, learnings, experiences and prepare for a clean slate, a new year. Some reflections of 2008 for me are:
- My job was crazy...ups and downs, trials and tribulations that then culminated in big steps forward, major growth and learnings and visions of the future
- Two of my closest friends had babies...an unbelievable and amazing event. Getting to watch them grow and change and become little human beings has been one of the most memorable things. Not to mention the increased level of respect for my friends and becoming parents.
- Many many engagements, a handful of weddings. And the very exciting engagement of my Burlington bestie, and getting the wonderful honor of being asked to be Maid of Honor! And the most recent engagment of my oldest sister!
- A change of living location - I packed up from the apartment I had so many important memories in, and moved to a new beautiful abode, clean and free, ready for new memories.
- The end of a relationship. The lessons, the challenges, the emotions, the growth, the self discovery, the impact it will have on future relationships. 
- My mom's cancer seems to be gone!!
- New athletic pursuits.
- Some amazing travels to Istanbul w/my parents and oldest sis, Alli, and then an incredible trip to Thailand with Alli. 
- Figuring out a lot about myself through work, travel, friendship, love, activities and athletics, many hours on the road, independence.

I always become overly curious when a new year hits...what will it have in store? What important things will happen? Where will I go, who will I see, what will I do? Will I have "headline news" in my life? And I guess the best thing, the only thing we can do, is go into it with gusto...slough off the bad from the previous year, bank the lessons, bring the smiles and begin the year positive, ready for anything, ready to make amazing memories, ready to have a year of promise and goodness. Happy New Year!

No comments: