Monday, June 25, 2007

5 benefits of jail

A very interesting thing was presented to me tonight...the idea that being put in prison could actually be a good thing. This got me thinking...what benefits could I gain from being in prison for a year?
1) Reading...I would read as many books as they'd be willing to give me
2) Working out...I'd be in the best shape of my life
3) Meditation...I've always been fascinated by the ability to sit and literally not think...it is something that seems pretty much impossible to me but I'd much like to try
4) (i'm stealing this idea from Isaac, the creator of this topic...) Language...being placed in a room w/a foreigner and therefore learning another language
5) The opposite of being alone...I'm not only good at being alone, but also enjoy nights and/or days by myself, which are clearly NOT an option in prison unless you get put in solitary confinement (perhaps a reward to myself versus a punishment to others?)

I suppose that is a veritable "silver lining" train of thought to the idea of jail.

Oh, and if there was TV and DVD available, I'd watch all the classic movies I've never seen...my list is quite extensive.

No comments: