Monday, May 21, 2007

Inspiration

Inspiration comes in many forms and is often more readily available then we realize. Sometimes it's as simple as looking at some everyday object in a different light, or different time of day or through someone else's eyes.

My mum and I have spent a lot of time in the past few months discussing my love for travel and my desire to find a way to get paid for it, or at least to have my expenses covered. She recently bought me a book by Lonely Planet called "Travel Writing". My mum is one of my main sources of inspiration, and by her getting me this book, has provided me yet another bit of inspiration. My good friend Penelope has also been an inspiration for this blog I have started. I first did not quite get the whole "blogging" idea but upon random readings on her blog I became inspired and intrigued. It was the combination of my mum, the book and discussions, and Penelope's blogging expertise that I decided to put this blog together and test out my skills as a writer.

I am attempting to keep this blog travel-focused since, as I stated above, it is an effort to practice and progress as a possible future travel writer. Penelope and I were talking about this at a cook-off party Saturday evening and how hard it is to keep a blog focused on one particular topic. I am already finding this to be true, as you quickly realize how much there is to write about and think about on a daily basis. I do truly want to keep this focused on travel but I may also create a section for "random musings". In the very least, I may incorporate more day-to-day thoughts into my general postings by relating them to travel and how different areas of my life can relate to my love of travel.

Blogging is my new black.

No comments: